The fundamental aim of the WHFF is for all member organizations' to recognize registered/ identified Holstein cattle for registration at equal status in their herdbook, as long as the registration is in strict accordance with regulations governing herdbook registration, and to facilitate the exchange of relevant information between herdbooks and other recognized cattle improvement organizations.
Objectives of WHFF are to improve and develop the Holstein breed in order to:
- Harmonize technical and administrative matters related to the improvement of the Holstein breed
- Represent the common interests of breeders worldwide in developing and promoting the Holstein breed
- Exchange information on important issues concerning the breed
- Assist emerging herdbook organizations
- Co-operate with animal science in general, as well as other recognized international organizations involved in animal improvement (i. e. ICAR; Interbull)